Fluker's Sun Glow Coil Bulb 5.0 UVB (13 Watt) is designed to provide optimal UVB radiation between 290-310 nm, while maintaining safe levels of UVA. This makes it an effective and safe choice for captive reptiles and amphibians, as it can help stimulate the production of vitamin D and prevent metabolic bone disease. In addition, the proper amount of UVA wavelengths in this bulb can increase activity levels, reproduction, and appetite in tropical species such as box turtles, aquatic turtles, corn snakes, tortoises, chameleons, iguanas, geckos, and others. Fluker's Sun Glow Coil Bulb has been thoroughly engineered and tested to ensure that it falls within these parameters.
- The 5.0 UVB rating makes it an excellent choice for both tropical and temperate reptiles and amphibians.
- With a 13 watt bulb, the UVB radiation can reach up to 9"-13" from the lamp to the basking site of the reptile, providing significant benefits.
- This bulb is particularly suitable for box turtles, aquatic turtles, corn snakes, tortoises, chameleons, iguanas, geckos, and other tropical species.
- In addition, the UVB radiation can also stimulate live plants in vivarium's and terrariums.
- Furthermore, even nocturnal species such as leopard geckos and other reptiles and amphibians that are more active at night can benefit from this bulb's stimulation.
First, screw the coil bulb into a standard screw-base lamp, such as Fluker's Regular Deep Dome Lamp, and ensure that the lamp is securely positioned over your reptile's basking site at the appropriate distance between the bulb and basking site. The lamp should be placed outside your reptile's enclosure to avoid overheating or accidental contact. For optimal health, provide a 12 to 14 hour light cycle, which will be sufficient for your bulb to produce UVB for 12 months. To keep track of the bulb's usage, write down the date you start using it on the base of the bulb with a permanent marker to remind you when to replace it. Note that the bulb can become hot to the touch while in use, so avoid contact with flammable materials, and do not look directly at the bulb while it is in use.
UVB is a vital wavelength that is naturally present in sunlight, and provides numerous benefits for nearly all reptiles. It is essential in maintaining the health and strength of your pet's bones, and contributes to various other vital functions
Each reptile species has unique UVB requirements. It's important to research your specific species to determine the necessary UV index (UVI) in their basking area.