The Exo Terra Bamboo Forest Floor is a multi layer substrate that allows you to recreate the forest floor found in natural bamboo forests. It consists of two major layers - a top layer mainly consisting of fresh leaf litter and a base layer made of rich organic matter, usually decomposed leaves and wood.
The top layer of the Exo Terra Bamboo Forest Floor consists of sun-dried decorative bamboo leaves, which provide a soft layer for animals to burrow and hide. It also covers the actual substrate underneath, facilitating its moisture retention and preventing the soil from drying out. These biodegradable bamboo leaves are free of chemicals and can be safely composted.
The base layer is made of rich organic matter from sustainable ground coconut husk fiber, which is 100% natural, ecological, and biodegradable. It is an ideal substrate to create natural planted terrarium set-ups for humidity-loving reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates. The unique coir pith used for the Exo Terra Bamboo Forest Floor consists of a mixture of short fiber and coco-peat grain sizes ranging from coarse granules to fine clumps, resulting in improved soil drainage and healthy plant root aeration.
The top layer of bamboo leaves keeps the base layer slightly moist, facilitating maintenance by functioning as a natural ecosystem where beneficial organisms will break down waste products and thus reduce odors. Additionally, the Exo Terra Bamboo Forest Floor is heat-treated to reduce bacterial contamination.
- The Exo Terra Bamboo Forest Floor is a 100% natural, multi-layer substrate that resembles the forest floor found in natural bamboo forests.
- It is designed to keep the soil soft and moist, making it ideal for humidity-loving reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates.
- The substrate allows your animals to hide and provides a nutritional substrate for live plants, promoting healthy growth.
- It is perfect for natural terrarium setups and provides great hygroscopic properties that promote plant growth and root aeration.
- The top layer of sun-dried decorative bamboo leaves covers the actual substrate to facilitate moisture retention and prevent soil from drying out.
- The bamboo leaves are biodegradable and free of chemicals, making them safe to compost in your garden.
- The base layer consists of rich organic matter from sustainable ground coconut husk fiber.
- It is heat-treated and odor-absorbing, reducing bacterial contamination and unpleasant odors.
- The Exo Terra Bamboo Forest Floor is made from a sustainable resource, making it an environmentally friendly choice for your terrarium.
- Spread 2-4” (5-10 cm) of the base layer on the terrarium floor.
- Water or mist the substrate according to the humidity level required.
- Place your decorative items in the terrarium.
- Cover the floor with the top layer of decorative bamboo leaves.
- Use an Exo Terra Hygrometer to monitor the level.
- To increase air humidity in well-ventilated terrariums or those with very high humidity requirements, place an Exo Terra terrarium substrate heater underneath the terrarium.
- Spot clean the bedding on a daily basis.
- Completely replace with new bedding when necessary.
Size: 8 quarts (2QT (2,2L) Bamboo leaves & 6QT (6,6L) Coconut Husk Fiber)